The Office of Human Resources is offering a new long-term care insurance plan for eligible actively-at-work faculty and nonunion staff, retirees and their spouses/qualified domestic partners.
This new plan, which is underwritten by John Hancock Life Insurance Co., will be effective March 1. The open-enrollment period deadline is Feb. 20.
Those employees and retirees who are currently enrolled in the TIAA-CREF long-term care plan have three choices:
(1) Replace the TIAA-CREF coverage with coverage under John Hancock (call TIAA-CREF at (800) 842-2733, ex. 8011, to cancel);
(2) Keep the TIAA-CREF coverage and enroll in the John Hancock coverage; or
(3) Keep the TIAA-CREF coverage and do not enroll in the John Hancock coverage (no action required).
Over the past few weeks, communication materials were sent and employee informational meetings were conducted regarding the new long-term care insurance plan.
For more information and enrollment assistance, employees and retirees can:
• Call John Hancock at (877) 582-2288;
• Go online to the WUSTL long-term care Web site at wustl.jhancock.com (username: wustl; password: mybenefit); or
• Visit the WUSTL human resources Web site at hr.wustl.edu.