Obituary: Sobol, 22; senior in Olin School

Kevin Louis Sobol, a senior in the Olin School of Business, died Saturday, Nov. 27, 2004, in a one-car accident in St. Charles (Mo.) County. He was 22.

A St. Louis-area native, Sobol was a 2001 graduate of Chaminade College Preparatory School and lived in University City.

Sobol transferred to Washington University in fall 2003 from the University of Southern California.

He was a marketing major and had planned to attend law school after graduation, following in the footsteps of his father, Lawrence, and his brother, David.

“He was a nice kid, just a pleasant person to work with,” said Lana Skadden, Sobol’s academic adviser. She had planned to meet with him Nov. 30 for his graduation audit.

Sobol was a quiet student in the consumer behavior class of Amar Cheema, Ph.D., assistant professor of marketing.

“I was deeply saddened when I heard of this loss, and I struggled with how I would tell his friends and colleagues in class,” Cheema said Nov. 29. “My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.”

In addition to his father and brother, Sobol is survived by his mother, Maureen Sobol; grandparents Mary Sobol and Thomas and Johanna O’Connell; and aunts, uncles and cousins.

A funeral mass was celebrated Nov. 30 at Saint Anselm Catholic Church. Burial was at Resurrection Cemetery, 6901 Mackenzie Road in Affton, Mo.