The International Center for Advanced Renewable Energy and Sustainability (I-CARES) at Washington University in St. Louis will be supported by advisory and steering committees comprised of both external and internal leaders, Chancellor Mark S. Wrighton announced.
The external advisory committee includes:
- Tony Arnold, CEO, Solae
- Gregory H. Boyce, CEO, Peabody Energy
- Daniel F. Cole, senior vice president, Ameren Corporation
- Robert T. Fraley, executive vice president and chief technology officer, Monsanto
- Ganesh Kishore, managing director, Burrill & Company
- Carl Hausmann, CEO, Bunge North America
- Randall Ledford, senior vice president and chief technology officer, Emerson
- Steven F. Leer, CEO, Arch Coal
- Martha Schlicher, vice president for engineering and operations, Renewable Agricultural Energy, Inc.
- John Stier, group director of environmental affairs, Anheuser-Busch
- Mark D. Stowers, vice president for research & development, Poet
- S. Richard Tolman, CEO, National Corn Growers Association.
The internal steering committee will be chaired by Edward S. Macias, executive vice chancellor, dean of Arts & Sciences and the Barbara and David Thomas Distinguished Professor in Arts & Sciences.
The internal steering committee includes:
- Pratim Biswas, Ph.D., the Stifel and Quinette Jens professor and chair, Department of Energy, Environmental & Chemical Engineering
- Bruce Lindsey, dean of the College of Architecture and Graduate School of Architecture & Urban Design
- Himadri B. Pakrasi, Ph.D., director of I-CARES, the George William and Irene Koechig Freiberg professor of biology in Arts & Sciences, and professor of energy in the School of Engineering.
- Mary J. Sansalone, dean, School of Engineering.