The Office of Human Resources has announced several enhancements to the health plans for faculty and staff that will be effective Jan. 1, 2008.
These enhancements include coverage for Chantix, a prescription drug for smoking cessation; an increase in the outpatient co-insurance for mental nervous and chemical dependency; an improvement in the preventive services benefit (for Anthem Blue Cross PPO users only); and coverage for unlimited nutritionist/dietician visits with a required referral.
“With these changes, we’ve continued our wellness theme from last year and our assistance to employees as they transition to a tobacco-free campus at the medical school,” said Tom Lauman, director of benefits.
Health open enrollment
The annual health open enrollment period for the health/dental or dental-only plans, the health and child care flex spending plans, the Health Savings Account (HSA) and the Retirement Medical Savings Account (RMSA) will be from Nov. 1-30.
Enrollments and changes to these plans made during the open enrollment period and before the Nov. 30 deadline will be effective Jan. 1, 2008, for calendar year 2008.
The open enrollment brochure will be sent to campus boxes around Nov. 1, and employee informational meetings will be conducted from Nov. 8 through Nov. 28.
The open enrollment period is the only time during the year employees may enroll in the flexible spending plans, the RMSA and the HSA. Knowing how important it is for employees to make the best decisions for themselves and their families, the Office of Human Resources will hold 14 informational meetings for employees.
“These meetings provide employees with the opportunity to receive a further explanation of all of the benefit information included in the Health Open Enrollment brochure and to ask their general and specific questions,” said Lauman, who will be the presenter at all sessions.
The scheduled one-hour meetings are as follows:
• Nov. 13, 3 p.m., South Brookings Hall, Room 100;
• Nov. 15, 10 a.m., North Brookings Hall, Room 300;
• Nov. 28, 3 p.m., Simon Hall, Room 110.
• Nov. 8, 11 a.m., McDonnell Medical Sciences Building, Cori Auditorium;
• Nov. 13, 10:30 a.m., Mallinckrodt, Scarpellino Auditorium, First Floor;
• Nov. 14, 2 p.m., Wohl Hospital, Wohl Auditorium, Lower Level;
• Nov. 15, 2 p.m., St. Louis Children’s Hospital Auditorium, Third Floor;
• Nov. 27, 2 p.m., Yalem Building, Steinberg Amphitheater;
• Nov. 28, 10 a.m., St. Louis Children’s Hospital Auditorium, Third Floor.
• Nov. 8, 2:30 p.m., Room 1312.
• Nov. 14, 10 a.m., Garage Building, Training Room B, Lower Level;
• Nov. 27, 10 a.m., Garage Building, Training Room B, Lower Level.
Barnes West County:
• Nov. 12, 9 a.m., Heart Care Institute Kitchen;
• Nov. 12, 10 a.m., Heart Care Institute Kitchen.
The schedule of meetings will be included in the open enrollment brochure as an insert and may also be found online (as of Nov. 1) at hr.wustl.edu.
During this year’s open enrollment period, the Internal Audit and Benefits departments will conduct a random audit of dependents enrolled in WUSTL health plans to validate their eligibility for WUSTL health benefits. The faculty and staff members selected for this audit will receive a personalized letter during the first week of November.