The Gephardt Institute for Public Service invites students, faculty and staff to participate in “Faces of Hope,” a campus-wide celebration of civic engagement and community service at the University from 4:30-6 p.m. April 8 in Whitaker Hall. A reception will follow.
To illustrate the breadth of the University’s involvement in the greater community, “Faces of Hope” will feature a poster session highlighting community service by students and faculty.
Student-, faculty-, and department-led initiatives, student groups, community-based learning and teaching courses, and service trips all are welcome to apply to participate in the poster session. Participants must:
• Submit a short application by Feb. 22. The Gephardt Institute will announce participants via e-mail by Feb. 25
• Attend a poster development session on Feb. 28, 29 or March 4
• Design a poster in PowerPoint
• Sign up for a half-hour session between March 5-28 to print the poster at the Office of Undergraduate Research
• Be available to set up the poster in Whitaker Hall
• Have a representative stand by the poster for the duration of the reception times (4:30-5 p.m. and 6-6:45 p.m.) to discuss details of your service to attendees
• Attend the ceremony from 5-6 p.m. in Whitaker Hall.
The application form should be submitted online at communityservice.wustl.edu/facesofhope by Feb. 22. For more information, contact Robin Hattori, program director at the Gephardt Institute, at 935-8628.
“Faces of Hope” will end with a ceremony highlighting the service of dedicated students and faculty members, led by Chancellor Mark S. Wrighton and Congressman Richard A. Gephardt.