Fun facts and numbers that indicate the magnitude of the debate:
* More than 73 million viewers tuned in to watch the vice presidential debate.
* Approximately 3,100 media requested credentials.
* 7 networks and many international media outlets were on campus.
* 42 network and affiliate trucks were parked on campus providing office space, satellite feeds and power.
* 8 miles of electrical cable was laid throughout the complex.
* 5,000 feet of chain link fence secured the perimeter of the Athletic Complex.
* 4 “cellular on wheels” (COWs) were erected on campus. COWs are self-contained trailers with towers used to provide expanded cellular network coverage and capacity.
* 7,942 students entered the 2008 debate ticket lottery and a record 432 students got tickets.