The partnership between Brookings Institution and Washington University in St. Louis will be distinctive in terms of depth and breadth of relationship across both institutions. Brookings and Washington University in St. Louis will offer joint programs including internships, lectures and other educational activities and pursue joint research projects. Some highlights of these joint programs include:
• Ongoing academic collaboration between various units of each organization to encourage student education, applied research, policy impact, and international exposure of programs
• Brookings Executive Education, which includes a wide range of executive education courses covering critical global issues, U.S. policy-making, and public leadership for corporate and government leaders, will be a collaborative effort beginning July 1
• A jointly funded “Academic Venture Capital Fund” to support research, programs and initiatives
• Joint research, conferences, symposia, and other activities
• Internships for Washington University students at the Brookings Institution
• Brookings collaboration with Washington University to enhance curricular offerings in Washington D.C.
• Scholar-in-residence exchanges to conduct research and engage with students
• Major addresses by the leaders of each institution at partner institution annually
• Publishing the results of conferences, projects and other programs conducted through the new relationship with the Brookings Institution Press, operated by the Brookings Institution.