In an effort to enhance emergency communications on campus, WU Emergency Management will have vendors on campus to install and test various emergency communications channels on Monday Sept. 19 and Tuesday, Sept. 20.
While these tests are being conducted, the Danforth Campus community may hear or see the following message come across the outdoor warning sirens, on Danforth cable TV channels and on public address systems in the Danforth University Center, Athletic Complex and Olin Library:
This is a test of the Washington University Emergency Notification System. This is only a test. No emergency is occurring at this time. This is a test of the Washington University Emergency Notification System. This is only a test. No emergency is occurring at this time.
The expected testing schedule is as follows:
- Danforth Cable TV over-ride before 10 a.m. Monday, Sept. 19;
- Danforth outdoor warning sirens and public address between noon-1 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 19, weather permitting (if weather is not conducive on Monday, test may be tried at noon, Tuesday, Sept. 20);
- Athletic Complex Public Address at 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 19;
- DUC Public Address at 8 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 20; and
- Olin Library Public Address at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 20.
Any questions can be directed to Mark Bagby, emergency management coordinator, at email@example.com or (314) 935-9261.