The deadline for submission of 2011-12 Diversity and Inclusion Grant proposals is Saturday, Nov. 5.
The grants are available to faculty and administrators for initiatives that improve the campus environment for women, members of underrepresented minority groups, and other diverse groups at WUSTL.
Funding is one-time only, and awards will range in size up to a maximum of $30,000. More information about the grants can be found here.
The Advisory Committee for the Diversity and Inclusion Grants, which is co-chaired by Adrienne D. Davis, JD, vice provost and the William M. Van Cleve Professor of Law, and Kathleen B. McDermott, PhD, professor of psychology in Arts & Sciences, will review the proposals.
The other committee members are:
- Naomi Daradar Sigg, assistant director of student involvement and leadership in the Office of Student Activities;
- Robert Hansman, associate professor of architecture in the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts;
- Iver Bernstein, PhD, professor of history, of African and African-American studies and of American culture studies, all in Arts & Sciences;
- Jay R. Turner, PhD, associate professor of energy, environmental and chemical engineering;
- Dayna Early, MD, professor of medicine; and
- Vetta L. Sanders Thompson, PhD, associate professor of social work and a Faculty Scholar with the Institute for Public Health.
The committee is particularly interested in proposals that address work environment, recruitment and retention of diverse faculty and administrative staff, and cultural competence.
To apply, visit provost.wustl.edu/diversity-grant-application. All applications must be submitted online.