As of Jan. 9, visitors to reserveaspace.wustl.edu, the room reservation website managed by the Danforth University Center & Event Management Office, found an expanded and improved way to reserve spaces, including pooled classrooms, in many buildings on campus.
In addition to a new look and navigational upgrades, the site allows university community members to reserve more spaces from one site than ever before, including:
• All reservable spaces in the Danforth University Center, including banners and tables.
• All premier, standard and pooled classroom spaces on the Danforth Campus.
• All reservable Residential Life spaces (North Side and South 40), including College Hall.
• All reservable School of Engineering & Applied Science spaces, including pooled classrooms in Whitaker Hall.
• The Performing Arts Department’s Hotchner Theatre in Mallinckrodt Center and both Olin studios in the Women’s Building (PAD students/staff only).
Functional upgrades to the site include improved search ability on times and locations, ability to request more than one space at a time, space details, a favorites tab, and a historical record of previous reservations, among many other improvements.
This upgrade has been an ongoing collaborative project among the offices of the Registrar and Residential Life, the engineering school, the Performing Arts Department in Arts & Sciences and the Danforth University Center & Event Management Office.
Ongoing training sessions are scheduled to orient users to the new site. The next two sessions will take place from 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 22, and from 10 a.m. to noon Friday, Jan. 25. Both sessions will be held in the Gregg Technology Center on the South 40. Registration is required; contact Leslie Heusted, director of the Danforth University Center & Event Management Office, via email to: email@example.com.
Anyone who would like to consider adding other reservable campus spaces to the website is encouraged to contact Heusted at 935-3964 or firstname.lastname@example.org.