I-CARES announces 2014 funded research projects

The International Center for Advanced Renewable Energy and Sustainability (I-CARES) has announced the award winners from its 2014 call for proposals.

I-CARES supports a network of researchers who focus on renewable energy, the environment and sustainability, extending beyond Washington University in St. Louis’ seven schools, nationally and internationally.

With the addition of the 2014 research awardees, I-CARES now supports 117 individual researchers across 84 projects.

As part of its mission, I-CARES is awarding seed funding to university faculty undertaking innovative and collaborative research in the broad areas of renewable energy, climate change and sustainability through an annual call for proposals.

This year, I-CARES awarded funds to 13 projects involving 30 WUSTL faculty from six schools: Arts & Sciences, Olin Business School, the Brown School, the School of Engineering & Applied Science, the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts and the School of Medicine.

To see the full list of winning projects and faculty members involved, visit here.