As part of the overall plan to improve traffic flow in and around the Medical Campus, the access road on the south side of the campus garages along Duncan Avenue only will allow for right turns into and out of both Taylor and Newstead avenues beginning Monday, Sept. 21.
The entrances and exits to the access road will facilitate a continuous flow of traffic with elimination of left-hand turns.
If you are traveling from the south:
· When arriving, take Taylor to turn right onto the garage access road.
· When leaving, take the garage access road to Newstead to exit.
If you are traveling from the north:
· When arriving, take Newstead to turn right onto the garage access road.
· When leaving, take the garage access road to exit north onto Taylor.
From Duncan Avenue:
· Enter and exit the SLCH garage.
· Enter the new employee garage.
Intersection improvements continue
Work to synchronize new and existing traffic signals is continuing. Sensors have been installed this week to detect vehicles at the intersections.
A comprehensive campuswide traffic study was completed before the garage and access road were designed. The study addressed intersections and traffic volumes with the addition of the garage. Improvements to intersections, including turn lanes, widening of roads and traffic signals, were designed to work in conjunction with the new parking.