A search committee to identify candidates for the position of university librarian at Washington University in St. Louis has been formed by Provost Holden Thorp. The position was formerly held by Jeffrey G. Trzeciak, who left the university in July.
Carmon Colangelo, dean of the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts, will chair the 13-member search committee, which also includes:
- Joseph J.H. Ackerman, the William Greenleaf Eliot Professor of Chemistry, Arts & Sciences;
- Susan F. Appleton, the Lemma Barkeloo & Phoebe Couzins Professor of Law;
- Daria N. Carson-Dussan, subject librarian in Romance languages and literature, and Latin American Studies, Olin Library;
- Rudolph Clay, head of library diversity initiatives and outreach, University Libraries;
- Nadia Ghasedi, associate university librarian, Olin Library;
- Roch Guerin, the Harold B. and Adelaide G. Welge Professor of Computer Science & Engineering;
- Peter J. Kastor, professor of history, Arts & Sciences;
- Alexandra Keane, second-year student, School of Medicine;
- Joseph Loewenstein, professor of English, Arts & Sciences;
- Igor Marjanovic, professor of architecture, Sam Fox School;
- William Tate, the Edward Mallinckrodt Distinguished University Professor, Arts & Sciences; and
- Jack Thomas, university trustee.