Five doctoral candidates at Washington University in St. Louis were inducted into the Edward A. Bouchet Graduate Honor Society at the annual Bouchet Conference on Diversity in Graduate Education April 7-8 at Yale University.
Washington University’s 2017 Bouchet fellows are:
- Andrea Bolivar in anthropology;
- Jabari Elliott in biochemistry;
- Jose Grajales in neurosciences;
- Kelci Harris in psychological and brain sciences; and
- Erika Wesonga in psychological and brain sciences.
The Bouchet Society recognizes outstanding scholarly achievement and promotes diversity and excellence in doctoral education and the professoriate. Its network of pre-eminent scholars exemplifies academic and personal excellence, character, service and advocacy for students who have been traditionally underrepresented in the academy.
For bios on the new fellows and more on the society, visit the Bouchet Society website.