Provost Holden Thorp has formed a search committee to appoint an executive director for Washington University in St. Louis’ Teaching Center.
The Teaching Center serves faculty from all academic disciplines and aims to promote excellence in teaching.
The executive director oversees day-to-day management of the center, including its budget, personnel, programs, facilities and communications, and covers both academic and classroom services. Read the job description here.
The position is open to all tenured faculty at Washington University. Ideal candidates should have a passion for teaching; the ability to work across academic disciplines; a track record of innovation in teaching and learning; and an interest in current pedagogical research. Once selected, the executive director will serve in the role for a three-year renewable term.
“The Teaching Center director is an important leader in bringing the best ideas and practices to realization across the campus,” Thorp said. “This is an exciting opportunity for a strong scholar and teacher who will see increased impact of their pedagogy and teaching philosophy.”
Marion Crain, vice provost and the Wiley B. Rutledge Professor of Law, will serve as chair of the committee.
Other members of the search committee are:
- Amanda Albert, information literacy coordinator, Olin Library
- Tom Furby, director of classroom services, Teaching Center
- John Gohsman, vice chancellor and chief information officer
- Denise Leonard, associate director of graduate student and postdoc programs, Teaching Center
- Sandra Matteucci, lecturer and director of Engineering Communications Center, School of Engineering & Applied Science
- Peter Monahan, director of the College Writing Program, Arts & Sciences
- John Shareshian, professor of mathematics, Arts & Sciences
- Corinna Treitel, associate professor of history, Arts & Sciences
- Jay Turner, associate professor of aerosol science and engineering, School of Engineering & Applied Science
To apply, submit statements of interest (two pages or less) and curricula vitae in confidence by March 19 to email@example.com.