Phil Valko, assistant vice chancellor for sustainability, recognized the first year of Sustainability Leadership awardees at the 2nd Annual Green Carpet Awards on Feb. 5. The awardees below, consisting of both individual people and projects, were nominated by their peers in 2017 for exceptional leadership in a range of areas of sustainability.
- Jenn DeRose, program manager for the Green Dining Alliance and University College student: Community Engagement
- Wanda Haertling, staff member in the Medical School Facilities Business Office: Waste Diversion
- HVAC Services Team: Energy Conservation
- Scott Krummenacher, lecturer in environmental studies: Community Engagement and Environmental Justice
- Dee Stewart, staff member in the Department of Philosophy in Arts & Sciences: Waste Diversion
- WashU Green Ambassadors (WUGA) and Residential Life housekeeping staff: Community Engagement and Waste Diversion
- WUSM Building Services: Energy Conservation
To read more about the Green Carpet Awards, visit the Office of Sustainability website.