Elliott Seif, PhD ’71, wants to help you develop students into curious explorers and independent thinkers with his latest book Teaching for Lifelong Learning. With this resource, you will explore a lifelong learning approach to education as well as key goals for educational success. Explore many practical ways to improve instruction and assessment that will empower students to not only thrive in the classroom today but also deftly navigate an uncertain and changing world.
- Understand the importance of developing curious explorers, independent thinkers, and a growth mindset in students.
- Learn steps, approaches, and specific activities for implementing a four-phase instructional framework.
- Learn why diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments are all important elements of a lifelong learning education.
- Know what to look for when analyzing, choosing, or designing a new curriculum for lifelong learning.
- Explore many lifelong learning education examples from various disciplines and grade levels across elementary, middle school, and high school classrooms.
Comments and respectful dialogue are encouraged, but content will be moderated. Please, no personal attacks, obscenity or profanity, selling of commercial products, or endorsements of political candidates or positions. We reserve the right to remove any inappropriate comments. We also cannot address individual medical concerns or provide medical advice in this forum.