With the time change this past weekend, it will get dark earlier in the evening.
The Washington University Police Department offers these reminders as part of the “Don’t be in the Dark” campaign:
1. Never travel alone. Always travel with someone.
2. Walk in well-lit areas. Stay in well-lit areas as much as possible. Don’t walk in alleys or other isolated areas.
3. Be alert. Always be aware of what is going on around you. Don’t wear headphones. Don’t engage in conversations with people you don’t know.
4. Trust your instincts. If it doesn’t feel safe, it probably isn’t. Move to a safe spot immediately and call for help.
5. If a thief confronts you, give them what they want. Don’t chase them. Blow your whistle. To obtain an emergency whistle, call 935-5084 or request one online at police.wustl.edu/whistle.html.
6. Take a shuttle. For information about shuttles serving your destination, visit parking.wustl.edu.