Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis is hosting seven of the nation’s top finance scholars for an intensive, four-day program geared for doctoral students and university faculty.
More than 130 participants from across the nation and around the world will gather on the Danforth Campus Aug. 12-15 for a program called “Summer School: Financial Intermediation and Contracting,” a chance to learn from some of the brightest and best-regarded minds in the field.
The program will cover a variety of topics related to financial intermediation and financial contracting, with each speaker presenting half-day lectures.
The event is organized by The Finance Theory Group and the Wells Fargo Advisors Center for Finance and Accounting Research at Washington University.
- Peter DeMarzo, PhD, the Mizuho Financial Group Professor of Finance at Stanford University;
- Douglas Diamond, PhD, the Merton H. Miller Distinguished Service Professor of Finance at the University of Chicago;
- Philip Dybvig, PhD, the Boatmen’s Bancshares Professor of Banking and Finance at Olin;
- Itay Goldstein, PhD, the Joel S. Ehrenkranz Family Professor of Finance at the University of Pennsylvania;
- Gustavo Manso, PhD, the William A. and Betty H. Hasler Chair in New Enterprise Development at the University of California-Berkeley;
- Adriano Rampini, PhD, the John D. Forsyth Professor of Finance and Economics at Duke University; and
- Anjan Thakor, PhD, the John E. Simon Professor of Finance at Olin.
“We are excited to host this one-of-a-kind event,” said Ohad Kadan, PhD, professor of finance at Olin, who chairs the organizing committee.
“The ‘Summer School’ brings together top researchers in the area of financial economics along with faculty and students from leading schools in the U.S., Europe, and Asia,” Kadan said. “Participants will get a chance to update their knowledge on recent advances in the field and will also share their research with their peers in evening sessions of contributed papers.
“Olin Business School’s finance faculty are world-renowned in the areas of financial intermediation and financial contracting. We are delighted to have the opportunity to host such a prominent event.”