I-CARES announces 2016 research projects

I-CARES word cloudThe International Center for Advanced Renewable Energy and Sustainability (I-CARES) at Washington University in St. Louis has named the funding recipients of its 2016 call for proposals.

The 2016 cohort will join an active cadre of researchers on campus conducting innovative and collaborative research in the areas of renewable energy, climate change and sustainability.

This year, I-CARES has awarded 11 projects involving 31 researchers from four Washington University schools and eight partner organizations, including two McDonnell International Scholars Academy partner universities. Washington University faculty hail from Arts & Sciences, the School of Engineering & Applied Science, the School of Medicine and the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts.

Visit the I-CARES website to see the full list of winning projects and faculty members.

Including this year’s awardees, I-CARES has now supported 186 researchers working on 105 projects.

Research funded by I-CARES has led to exhibitions, patents, scholarly publications, new collaborations and provided meaningful research opportunities to students.

The program also has generated seed pilot data for successful federal grants. The pilot projects have leveraged institutional support to help bring in more than $30 million in supplemental research support.