New place for coffee on campus ​

Bloom Coffee founder and WUSTL senior Andrew Dowd (right) makes lattes for seniors Chanel Chen (left) and Elizabeth Lang at WUSTL’s new student-run coffee café, Bloom Coffee. Bloom Coffee specializes in hand-brewed, single- origin coffees and handcrafted espresso and tea concoctions, many of which are original recipes created for Bloom. The cafe is open from 7 p.m.-2 a.m. on Thursday and Friday nights at Ursa’s Café on the South 40. Dowd, a coffee enthusiast, used his experience visiting coffee farms in Nicaragua and as a barista in coffee shops to shape his vision of Bloom Coffee, which he created in partnership with WUSTL Dining Services, the Office of Residential Life and Kaldi’s Coffee. “With Bloom, I’m aiming not just to provide exceptionally delicious coffee but also to foster a culture that focuses on slowing down, on really caring about every aspect of what you do,” Dowd says. “There’s certainly an education aspect to what I do that I really enjoy. I’m here because I want to share with others the things which I’m most passionate about.” (Credit: Jerry Naunheim)