The GDOS program is a staff-development opportunity that examines diversity from a global perspective. The 2013 program will focus on social justice and racial, ethnic and economic disparities in Santiago.
The 2013 GDOS group:
- Abby Kruszynski, Residential College director
- Belinda Lee, assistant director of special programs for the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts
- Bill Larson, operations manager of the Edison Theatre
- Julia Macias Garcia, assistant director of Campus Life and assistant dean of Arts & Sciences
- Lloyd Garcia, zone manager (Purple Zone), Facilities Operations
- Warren Davis, assistant dean of Arts & Sciences
While in Chile, participants will meet with WUSTL students and faculty at the WUSTL Overseas Program location in Santiago, including Evelyn Vitagliano, the resident director for Washington University in Chile. They also will meet with local nongovernmental organizations working on issues related to the themes.