A look at Mark Wrighton’s impact on Washington University by the numbers
- 14th Chancellor
- 4 Nobel Prize Winners
- 1,459 Endowed Scholarships Created
- Oversaw two campaigns, which together raised nearly $5,000,000,000
- Conferred more than 85,000 degrees, including nearly 40,000 bachelor’s and more than 15,000 doctoral degrees.
- 12 — Number of times Mark Wrighton has done “The Dancellor”
- Doubled the number of nationalities represented on campus
- 363 endowed positions, including 4 deanships, created
- Added 35 buildings, more than 3 million square feet, to the Danforth Campus, doubling its size.. with NO increase in energy use!
- Added 23 buildings to the Medical Campus equaling 5.1 million square feet
- 12 students selected as Rhodes Scholars
- Federal research grants increased by $310 million
- 13 total number of double-breasted suits and sports coats Chancellor Wrighton owns.
- Increased financial aid endowment by $733 million
- Increased annual undergraduate applications three-fold (from 9,379 in 1995 to 30,463 in 2017)
Comments and respectful dialogue are encouraged, but content will be moderated. Please, no personal attacks, obscenity or profanity, selling of commercial products, or endorsements of political candidates or positions. We reserve the right to remove any inappropriate comments. We also cannot address individual medical concerns or provide medical advice in this forum.