Walsh, of the Heart Care Institute, 48

Jamie Marie Walsh, a medical secretary III in the Department of Internal Medicine-Cardiology, died Sunday, Dec. 9, 2007, of complications from cancer. She was 48.

Walsh worked with Scott M. Nordlicht, M.D., professor of medicine, at the Washington University Heart Care Institute at Barnes-Jewish Hospital for more than 25 years. She handled Nordlicht’s outreach clinic, traveling with him to the outreach locations, taking care of the needs of patients and scheduling appointments and tests.

“She was the single most comprehensive, naturally gifted, patient-oriented, patient advocate, loyal, true, faithful person I’ve ever met in my entire career,” Nordlicht said.

“She handled my patients for a very heavy outreach clinic and was the leader of my office. She was a person who never thought of herself, and in whose presence — just her being there — made everybody else better versions of themselves and to try harder. I wish I’d meet another Jamie Walsh,” he said.

Walsh is survived by her husband, Brian; two sisters, a brother; and 20 nieces and nephews.

Services were held Dec. 12. Memorial contributions may be made to the Susan G. Komen For the Cure St. Louis, P.O. Box 790129, Dept. SK, St. Louis, Mo., 63179-0129; or Caring Bridge, 1995 Rahn Cliff Court, Suite 200, Eagan, Minn., 55122.