Starting Feb. 25 and continuing for about two months, the intersection of Duncan and Newstead avenues will close as a Metropolitan Sewer District storm sewer line upgrade continues. Sections of Duncan east of Newstead have been closed during the project but will reopen when the intersection closes. Boyle is expected to reopen this spring.
The closure will affect several shuttle routes and pickup locations (see shuttle information below). Public safety officials will monitor traffic and dispatch officers to direct traffic where necessary.
Employees should plan extra time in their commutes as everyone adjusts to changes in routes and travel patterns.
The project is weather-dependent, and updates will be shared through numerous communication channels.
Shuttle service changes
As roadwork projects continue to accommodate construction throughout the campus, some shuttle routes and pickup locations will change temporarily. The most significant change is that shuttles no longer will provide front-door service after hours to Barnes-Jewish and St. Louis Children’s hospitals and will drop off at the shuttle depot near the Eric P. Newman Center instead.
Additional changes will be addressed and communicated in phases as they occur. The first changes will take place between Feb. 25 and late April and will include:
- Red shuttle: The stop at 4444 Forest Park building will be removed;
- SLCH shuttle: Employees at 4444 Forest Park Building will no longer be able to catch SLCH shuttle outside building and will need to catch shuttle inside SLCH garage;
- Orange shuttle: Pickup location will move to Duncan/Taylor Garage;
- Blue shuttle: The stop at Duncan will be removed; stop at Duncan/Taylor Garage will be added to pick up Goldfarb School of Nursing students and passengers from The Rehabilitation Institute of St. Louis
- Yellow shuttle (COH only): Pickup location will move to parking lot of 4444 Forest Park building.
There will be a public safety presence at the shuttle depot from 4-8 a.m. and 5 p.m. -1 a.m.