Over the next several months, construction projects at and near Washington University Medical Center will continue to affect traffic flow and shuttles as improvements to parking and intersections continue.
Follow this link for a map indicating shuttle and other changes. Below is a timeline of upcoming events.
Effective April 20
Duncan/Newstead intersection to reopen, Duncan to close west of Newstead
The intersection at Duncan and Newstead avenues will reopen April 20. Duncan west of Newstead will close as work to upgrade the Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD) storm water line continues. This section of Duncan is expected to be closed for three weeks.
While this section of Duncan is closed, the entrance and exit to the St. Louis Children’s Hospital staff garage on Duncan will be closed. Additionally:
- All who use the SLCH staff garage will have to enter and exit from Newstead.
- The SLCH shuttle stop in the garage will be relocated to the parking lot of 4444 Forest Park Ave. The 4444 building will be open and staffed with a security officer beginning at 4 a.m. Monday through Friday and ending at 1 a.m. each of those days so staff will have the option of waiting inside the building.
- Pedestrian access across Duncan will be maintained at all times.
Shuttle depot to close, stops to relocate
Site work will begin for the new administrative office building at 4570 Children’s Place, which will require the closure of the shuttle depot between the Eric P. Newman Education Center and the MetroLink stop. The following shuttle stops will be available until the new building opens in 2017:
- On the south campus, a new stop at West Pavilion (near the patient drop-off area in front of Barnes-Jewish Hospital);
- On the south campus, the existing stop at Olin Hall Circle on McKinley Avenue;
- At SLCH and north campus, at Wohl Circle;
- On the north campus, the existing stop at the Center for Outpatient Health.
With the addition of shuttle traffic on Children’s Place and Wohl Circle, security will monitor the circle drive in front of SLCH. Cars will not be allowed to park for more than five minutes.
Upon completion of the MSD work on Duncan:
- Duncan will reopen to traffic in both directions.
- The entrance/exit to the SLCH garage will reopen.
- The Newstead entrance/exit to the SLCH staff garage will close for up to two months as the access road to the new garage is constructed and this entry drive is reconfigured to accommodate the new and existing garages.
- The shuttle stop for SLCH parkers will remain at the 4444 building.
Public safety officers will continue to monitor traffic flow and direct vehicles.
Questions regarding shuttles can be directed to Margie Brine, 314-362-0760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.