The 40th annual Brown School Awards of Distinction were presented April 13 at City Foundry STL. The event honored eight Washington University in St. Louis alumni who work to create positive change for people around the globe.
The honorees were recognized for their commitment, innovation and strong leadership in working to improve society’s most urgent issues.
The awardees are:
- Kersha Deibel, MSW/MPH ’11, president and CEO, Planned Parenthood, Southwest Ohio Region
- Steven Hayworth, MPH ’17, director of population health, University of Utah Health
- Zhen Zhang, MSW ’16, general secretary, Rici Foundation
- Margaret Clancy, MSW ’97, policy director at the Brown School’s Center for Social Development
- Mingguo Deng, MSW ‘08, president, Chongqing City Management College
- Anneliese Stoever, MSW ’03, director, St. Louis Area Agency on Aging
Distinguished Volunteer Award
Paul Tice, BSBA ’90, JD ’94, and Nancy Parker Tice, AB ’90, MBA ‘98
To read their stories and watch videos about them, visit the Brown School website.
Comments and respectful dialogue are encouraged, but content will be moderated. Please, no personal attacks, obscenity or profanity, selling of commercial products, or endorsements of political candidates or positions. We reserve the right to remove any inappropriate comments. We also cannot address individual medical concerns or provide medical advice in this forum.