Six faculty members of Washington University in St. Louis have been honored with 2019 Emerson Electric Co. “Excellence in Teaching” awards.
- Brian Carpenter, professor of psychological and brain sciences in Arts & Sciences;
- Cindy Cryder, associate professor of marketing at Olin Business School;
- John Hendrix, associate professor of art at the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts;
- Mairin Hynes, senior lecturer in physics in Arts & Sciences;
- Beth Martin, senior lecturer in environmental studies in Arts & Sciences; and
- Bill Siever, teaching professor at the McKelvey School of Engineering.
Each year, honorees are chosen by their schools and by the university’s Teaching Center. This award recognizes educators for their leadership in, and passion for, teaching; their contributions to student learning; and their knowledge and creativity.
An awards ceremony and reception was held in St. Louis on Nov. 17.
Comments and respectful dialogue are encouraged, but content will be moderated. Please, no personal attacks, obscenity or profanity, selling of commercial products, or endorsements of political candidates or positions. We reserve the right to remove any inappropriate comments. We also cannot address individual medical concerns or provide medical advice in this forum.